RE: ICE3 Intermediate Wagon Beleuchtung Umstellung

#1 von Marius in Afrika ( gelöscht ) , 18.12.2009 20:04

Hello guys

I have recently bought two Marklin ICE3 intermediate cars, part numbers 43736 & 43746.

Personally I do not like the modern LED interior lighting as used on these two "new" cars and would like to convert the lighting to the "old" incandescent globes and diffuser bar style lighting.

This "old" type of lighting was used on ICE3 car numbers 43707, 43717, 43727 & 43737.

I want to look at the parts list for all these cars and decide if this conversion is possible. Marklin service department cannot help me with part lists for items 43707, 43717, 43727 & 43737.

Can any one of you help me with parts list for items 43707, 43717, 43727 & 43737?

Best regards

Hallo guys

Ich habe vor kurzem kaufte zwei Märklin ICE3 Mittelwagen, Teil-Nummern 43736 und 43746.

Ich persönlich mag die moderne LED-Innenbeleuchtung verwendet als auf diese beiden "neuen" wagen und möchte die Beleuchtung der "alten" Glühlampen Globen und Diffusor-Bar-Stil Licht umzuwandeln.

Diese "alte" Art der Beleuchtung wurde am ICE3 wagen nummern 43707, 43717, 43727 und 43737 verwendet.

Ich möchte an der Stückliste für alle diese wagen schauen und entscheiden, ob diese Konvertierung möglich ist. Märklin Service-Abteilung kann mir nicht helfen mit Stücklisten für Artikel 43707, 43717, 43727 und 43737.

Kann jemand von euch mir helfen, mit Teile-Liste für Artikel 43707, 43717, 43727 und 43737?

Mit besten Grüßen

Marius in Afrika

#2 von Joergel , 19.12.2009 10:01

Hallo,

warum möchtest du die led-beleuchtung wechseln? ich habe den ICE 3 37780 mit allen wagen und möchte die beleuchtung eigentlich lieber gegen leds tauschen, da sie sehr viel strom verbrauchen... und ein paar schönheitsfehler haben.

bei märklin im internet gibts eine ersatzteilbeschreibung vom 37783 das ist der ICE 3 baureihe 403, der hatte die gleiche innenbeleuchtung wie der 37780, den du suchst... vielleicht hilft die dir.

du kannst auch mal im internet schauen, unter www.zugbeleuchtung.de wird eine neue LED beleuchtung für den ICE3 angeboten, ob sie auch für den neuen zug passt, weiss ich nicht genau, es wäre aber wahrscheinlich.
es sind noch nicht für alle wagen was da, aber ich weiss dass die anderen folgen sollen.

sind die LEDs in deinem zug warmweiss oder gelb? und das stirnlicht? ist das warmweiss oder gelb?

viele grüße

wenn du es in englisch brauchst, sag bescheid dann übersetz ich den text.

Jörg

hauptsächlich MäTrix, Flm. u. Roco, EP IV-V, sehr ICE-lastiger Fuhrpark
Aktuelle Projekte: FD Königssee, orientroter IC

Joergel  
Joergel
InterCity (IC)
Spurweite H0
Stromart AC, DC, Digital

#3 von Joergel , 19.12.2009 10:22

i try to translate my posting in english:

why do you want to change the led lighting to light bulb lighting? i have the train 37780 and all cars which you gave the numbers of. and i am thinking of changeing the light to leds. because they neet a high amount of current and have some mistakes in detail.

maerklin has put on its website a exchange part chart of the ice 3 number 37783 which has the same lighting as the 37780. maybe this will help.

i will look, if i have exchange part description of my trains and wagons which can help.

www.zugbeleuchtung.de offers a led lighting for "my" ice 3, maybe this also fits in yours and is better than the original one. it is not for all wagos available but the others will be following soon as i know. i have the lighting for an ice 1 and 2 and am very satisfied with it.

is the color of your led in warm white or in yellow? and of the front light? white or yellow?

greetings
Jörg

Joergel  
Joergel
InterCity (IC)
Spurweite H0
Stromart AC, DC, Digital

#4 von Marius in Afrika ( gelöscht ) , 19.12.2009 12:02

Hallo Jörg

Thank you for the reply to my question.

My original ICE3 set is also number 37780. I will follow your advise and convert the 37780 to yellow LED lighting and also the two new intermediate wagons (43736 & 43746) into yellow LED lighting. The new intermediate wagons (43736 & 43746) have white LED lighting from the factory, this white colour is not very nice, it is so “cold”.

Have you already converted your 37780 with LED interior lighting

Regards

Vielen Dank für die Antwort auf meine Frage.

Meine ursprüngliche ICE3 ist auch die Nummer 37780. Ich werde Ihre beraten und wandeln die 37780 bis gelb LED-Beleuchtung und auch die beiden neuen Intermedaite Wagen (43736 & 43746) in eine gelbe LED-Beleuchtung. Die neue Intermediate Wagen (43736 & 43746) haben weiße LED-Beleuchtung aus der Fabrik, dieser weiße Farbe ist nicht lekker, es ist so "kalt".

Haben Sie schon Ihre 37780 mit LED-Innenbeleuchtung umgebau?

Entschuldigen Sie mein Deutsch, ich weiß sehr liitle Deutsch und damit die Verwendung von Google zu übersetzen.

Grüße

Marius in Afrika

#5 von Joergel , 19.12.2009 13:40

Hello,

so I guessed wrong, I assumed you had the 37786, ok my fault
Obviously the cars for the 37786 you have do fit in the 37780 don`t they?
was there any change in the electric necessary?

May I ask the question where you life? I in Hamburg.

I have not "converted" my ICE 3 to LED light, there are still the bulbs inside. I dislike this lighting because when I switch it on, the train slows down because there is not enough current power left...ok I have 8 cars which might be a reason.

I am going to order the mentioned platines and wait for the ones for the other wagons.
Then I have LED light with really nice warm white LEDs and I want to put red leds in the side of the car body (there is a "hole") in the windows where they can act as destination display for the train. additionally I will purchase a new front light platine which is in warm white leds and cold white leds for the far distance light which still is yellow on my train so far.

Greetings
Jörg

Joergel  
Joergel
InterCity (IC)
Spurweite H0
Stromart AC, DC, Digital

#6 von Marius in Afrika ( gelöscht ) , 19.12.2009 17:03

Hallo Jörg

I live in a city called Boksburg, it is situated approximately 10km south of the Johannesburg International Airport. The general metropolitan area is called Gauteng.

I bought my 37780 set (a few years ago) on one of my visits to Germany; been to Berlin, Frankfurt, Hamburg and Lübeck. Must admit; i liked Hamburg the most, a modern city.

The 33780 looks a bit silly with only the two end cars and a restaurant wagon. When I saw the intermediate wagons for 37786 in the 2009/2010 catalogue i decided to buy two, just to make the set look a bit more substantial. At first the lighting did not even worry me but it does look funny with the new cars mixed with the old 37780 set.

My 37780 set is 100% original, nothing changed yet. I did not know that the yellow long distance headlight should not be yellow. We do not have ICE3 trains in South Africa . Where are you going to source the new LED headlights?

The website of Jorns only have LED lighting for the end wagons (pilot cars) plus 1st and 2nd class wagons. Do they make on demand the LED lighting for the BordRestaurant wagon in the 37780 set?

On this webpage they mention the red LED for the route windows on the ICE3. Do you have to fit two red LED lights to each car or do you use them only on the pilot cars?

You mentioned that you loose power when you connect many intermediate wagons together. There is a solution / modification to solve that problem. The thin wires used on these wagons cause a voltage drop when many wagons are used together. I think i saw the solution on Marlin-user.net. I will try to find that information again.

Regards

Marius in Afrika

#7 von Joergel , 20.12.2009 15:47

Hello again,

wow its interesting to see where maerklin users live so, the ice3 has found a way to africa ok only in 1/87 so far...

the exact intermediate cars for the 37780 are only avaiable in the internet I think like ebay or something else.

it is interesting to hear that nothing was changed on the electrics so the cars all are compatible.

I am in contact with Jorns and so i know platines for the other cars are planned. but this will demand that I send my cars to him so he can fit the platines in because every car has its special design and seat and window arrangement ans is a little bit different from the others. But this I will do after Xmas in the new year.

The website of a member of this forum also tells about the red LEDs on the windows and is my planned source for the headlight. depending on the car type there can be put 0, 2 or 4 red LEDs in.

i think the link is

http://www.web-hgh.de/p02_ma_3778x_u3.htm

when you find the information of power loss due to too many cars, I am very interested in it maybe you can find it again.

regards
Jörg

Joergel  
Joergel
InterCity (IC)
Spurweite H0
Stromart AC, DC, Digital

#8 von Marius in Afrika ( gelöscht ) , 24.12.2009 16:54

Hallo Jörg

I found the article on speed improvement on long ICE3 trains assemblies again. It was written by an Australian model rail roader by the name of Ross.

It unfortunately only improves the speed if you run the BordRestaurant from the pantograph!

The web link for Ross's web site is: http://members.ozemail.com.au/~rossstew/rms/tips.html
Look for "ICE 3 Speed Improvements"

Regards

Marius in Afrika

#9 von Joergel , 25.12.2009 08:40

Hello,

thanks for the link.

Regards

Joergel  
Joergel
InterCity (IC)
Spurweite H0
Stromart AC, DC, Digital

#10 von Marius in Afrika ( gelöscht ) , 26.12.2009 19:01

Hi Jörg

Why don’t you try to fit a “Schliefer” to the BordRestaurant wagon. The bogies are the same as those used on the Pilot wagon. I tried to fit the slider on from my 33780 to the BordRestaurant wagon and it does look if the conversion may work.

Have a look at the parts list for 37780
You will need three parts:
Item number 30, Kontaktfeder ( part no. 205784)
Item number 27, Massefeeder (part no. 205783)
Item number 31, Schliefer (part no. 206370)

You can then feed power to the BordRestaurant wagon via the “Schliefer” and fit the “massefeeder”to resolve the slow running due to the power loss.

The three parts should be relatively inexpensive. And if the conversion does not work it is reversible and you can easily return the wagon to it’s original form.

Regards

Marius in Afrika

#11 von Boomel ( gelöscht ) , 28.12.2009 19:00

Hi there,

just take an "Edding permanent marker" in orange and paint the "cold" white LEDs. When you leave a few LEDs in white it looks like the original with mixed old and new interieur lights.
I personally did it with my double deckers and the led lights from www.zugbeleuchtung.de
Really nice.

This double decker is with painted and dimmed leds

By the way, the cold white led lights in the new ice-cars are the right ones.
And you'll mix up the ice3 403-series and the special ice3MF 406 series for international trains.

See ya,
Jochen

Boomel