RE: 1/43 Feldbahn Torfwerk rolling stock

#1 von jhock ( gelöscht ) , 21.12.2014 10:44

Hi all,

I hope you will excuse me posting in English, my German is very poor, although I am trying to improve it.

I thought I would share with you some images of my 1:43 stock I am creating for Torfwekrk layout I will be building in the new year. All the stock is work in progress.

A Diema DL6 from KB Scale and scratch built loco which meant to represent a Schoma CHL20-G:

Next up are 2 torf wagons, the left is scratch built from individual planks of hard wood with KB Scale axle boxes. The right is a 3D printed chassis with a laser cut body, I had both commissioned as I want many of these wagons. The wagon sides are hinged so they can be tipped to unload the torf.

More to follow.

jhock

#2 von nortim , 21.12.2014 11:45

Hi jhock,

welcome here!
I hope, you can understand me, because my English is really bad...
It`s nice, that you are sharing your creatings with us.
What do you mean with "Torwerk"? "Torfwerk"? turf-works?
I read about KB-Scale, but their axles would not be really good working.
Whats your experiences?
Whats the gauge of your models.
Most of them in Germany are made in 12mm gauge.
Some make it "pure" or "fine"(whats the correct term in English?) in 13,3mm.
Would be nice, if you`d show some pics of the inside of brass-loco (motor, gear-box)

I made similar things in 1:87 by 6,7mm gauge...

Greetings
Norman

...would by nice, if you had a (real)name for approaching

eine Feldbahn in Spur Null entsteht hier:
https://www.stummiforum.de/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=124174

Wo die Hasen Hosen haßen und die Hosen Husen haßen, ja
do bie iech dorham!

www.bimmlbahner.de

nortim
InterCity (IC)
Spurweite H0e
Stromart Digital

#3 von jhock ( gelöscht ) , 21.12.2014 12:38

Hi Norman,

Your English is certainly much better than my German, I can understand you perfectly.

I am working to 14mm gauge, as it is reasonably easy to obtain the parts I need in the UK in that gauge.

I have found KB scale to very good, I have sometimes had to regauge some of the axles but only very slightly.

Yes I did mean Torfwerk, or peat works as it would in the UK, my grasp of English is not always the best and it is my only language!

Here is a picture of the chassi of the Diema:

At this stage I had not fitted the wheels, they along with washers that are supplied postion the axle gears over the worm gears. The gear ratio is 120:1, so it runs very slowly.

I will take some more pictures for you.

Sorry I should have said my name in my first post, it is James.

I am quite new to modelling in 1:43 so still learning how to do things.

James

jhock

#4 von nortim , 21.12.2014 15:46

Hi James,

Thanks for the pic!
I guess, the motor of the "Diema" is fixed vertically with another wormgear?
What do you mean with "washers" (under the pic), is this the part for drawing the current?
Some hobby-specific terms are hardly to translate...
For instance,if you say "frog", you mean part of a turnout, but in German that means the animal
We say "Herzstück", would be, directly translated, "heart-piece"....

14mm gauge, in continental Europe hardly to be used.
12 or 16,5mm are more popular.
The chassis of the tippertruck looks like from the supplier "engineer" by shapeways.

Here, you can find also someone, who`s building your scale (for instance, there are a lot more)
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=107273
We´re calling this scale 0e or 0f (zero "e" , zero "f" e=750mm narrowgauge, f=approx. 600mm Feldbahn (lightrailway))
Scale is 1:43,5 or 1:45.

Greetings
Norman

eine Feldbahn in Spur Null entsteht hier:
https://www.stummiforum.de/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=124174

Wo die Hasen Hosen haßen und die Hosen Husen haßen, ja
do bie iech dorham!

www.bimmlbahner.de

nortim
InterCity (IC)
Spurweite H0e
Stromart Digital

#5 von jhock ( gelöscht ) , 21.12.2014 16:28

Hi Norman,

14mm gauge or 014 as it is known in the UK is used to represent 2 foot gauge railways, (you have to love us Brits we do like to mix imperial and metric systems of measurement), so it is slight ly over gauge to represent the 600mm Feldbahn I basing my layout on.

I have seen a few French layouts in the gauge.

You are quite correct about the Diema the motor is mounted vertically and worm gear is used to connect to the layshaft. I will get some more pictures for you.

Washers - spacers might be better term to use? Small discs of metal with hole that goes over the shaft of axle.

The chassis is from Shapeways, from another designer, he changed some of the measurements for me so it fitted the 20mm axles from KB Scale.

Here is a picture of everything I have built for the layout so far:

James

jhock

#6 von Dieselmicky , 26.12.2014 17:06

Hi James,

I like your pictures from your narrow gauge railway. Excuse me, my english is not very good.
I hope, that I can see more pictures from your model railway.

For me it is wonderful to built in this scale. In Germany 0e (16,5mm) is very popular. We also had railways here in Germany, which we call „Feldbahn“ → maybe we can translate it to „light railway“, but I'm not quite sure. They also used rails with a track gauge of 750 mm.
If you are interested to see my railway, please use the link „Meine Anlage: Winterzauber in der Mark“ underneath my treath.

Greetings, Ralph

Meine Anlagen: Winterzauber in der Mark und Von der Minex zur Gartenbahn

Dieselmicky
EuroCity (EC)
Stromart Digital

#7 von jhock ( gelöscht ) , 01.11.2015 18:41

Hello!

It has taken me a long time but some progress towards a layout has finally been made.

The base boards are laser cut MDF, I am not very good at wood work and don't have the tools required.

These boards are perfect for what I want and where a very reasonable price. In the picture above I am testing out some LED strip lights, very cheap from eBay, they work OK but I think I will need to double them up to get enough to light. They can be cut to length, which makes them perfect to fit the 3 boards.

I have made very crude card mock ups of the buildings to give me an idea of where I want things on the layout. I need to paint the MDF to seal against any moisture.

@Ralph, thank you for the link to your work, very nice indeed.

Here is a picture of another wagon I made for the layout:

I am not sure what it would be called in German but it is a tool van. From the pictures I have seen online it is quite close to the real thing, a shed on a wagon chassis!

jhock