RE: Piko Messwagen 55050 - measures jumps ud and down

#1 von Jenskrogsgaard , 22.09.2019 23:28

Hallo forum,

I have just bought piko messwagen - I drive Maerklin - so the car is not powered from the rails only from battery. I have installed the latest firmware and configured the according to the manual.

The problem is that the speed and all the others measures jumps up and down. My train runs 50 km/h - but the speed on the car is jumping from 40 to 60 km/h.
The distance of my layout goes from 32,4 to 36,4 m

Anyone else have this kind of experience with car - and anyone know what to do ?

Regards Jens Krogsgaard Kopenhagen
Www.krogsgaardsmodelbane.dk

Jenskrogsgaard
Regionalbahn (RB)
Homepage: Link
Gleise C gleis
Spurweite H0
Steuerung Digital, WinDigipet 2018
Stromart AC

RE: Piko Messwagen 55050 - measures jumps ud and down

#2 von Dampfstoß , 07.11.2019 09:59

Hello Jens,

if this is a persistant problem:

1. Please check, if the measuring wheel is turning flawlessly. If the wheel stops now and then, the wiper on top of the wheel set may touch the weel with too much pressure. Bend the wiper to decrease the pressure may help. If the pressure is too low, the current flow from the tracks may be broken, so be careful.

2. If the problem is not fixed and you are able to solder a bit around: Open the car (remove roof top carefully), locate the wires on the left side, if the display is on the front. Two wires (black and red) are the wipers, 3 wires (red, black,white) are for the wheel sensor. Shorten all wires so that only 5mm look over the PCB surface. Resolder all wires on the corresponding pads (make a photo before cutting the wires). Then test the sensor and close the car again, be careful with the sliding doors.

Reply here, if this will not help.

Man hat immer eine Wahl. Man muss lediglich die richtige Entscheidung treffen.

Dampfstoß
InterCity (IC)
Gleise PIKO A
Spurweite H0
Steuerung Z21, PSP, diverses Testgerümpel
Stromart DC, Digital