RE: Marklin MAXI 54504 glaskasten

#1 von applor , 03.05.2018 03:38

Hallo!

Ich brauche Hilfe beim Ausbau des Glaskastens.

Ich habe versucht, das Dach zu entfernen, aber die zwei Schrauben, die ich entfernte, sind tatsächlich Schrauben mit Muttern auf der Innenseite.
Jetzt sind einige Nüsse lose auf der Innenseite und das Dach ist noch gesichert.

Wie kann ich das Dach entfernen, um diese Muttern wieder anzubringen?

Ich hatte vorgehabt, es mit Ton zu digitalisieren und wollte das Dach entfernen, um zu sehen, ob Platz für einen Lautsprecher in der Kabine ist.
Ich habe entschieden, dass es vielleicht besser ist, digital ohne Ton mit dem Uhlenbrock 77100 Decoder zu gehen, aber ich muss immer noch die losen Muttern wieder anbringen.

Vielen Dank!

================================

Hello!

I need some help dis-assembling the Glaskasten.

I tried to remove the roof to but the two screws I removed are actually bolts with nuts on the inside.
Now there are some nuts loose on the inside and the roof is still secured.

How can I remove the roof to re-attach these nuts?

I had planned to upgrade it to digital with sound and was looking to remove the roof to see if there is space for a speaker in the cabin.
I have since decided it may be better to go digital without sound using the Uhlenbrock 77100 decoder but I still need to re-attach the loose nuts.

Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eric - Brisbane, Australia. modelling Germany epoch IIIa

applor  
applor
InterRegioExpress (IRE)
Homepage: Link
Gleise Marklin K
Spurweite H0
Stromart AC, Digital

#2 von Dölerich Hirnfiedler , 03.05.2018 08:49

Hallo Eric,

Wie bei anderen MAXI - Loks wird das Dach von der Glocke gehalten. Die kann man abschrauben. Da der Schornstein im Weg ist, den Schornstein auch abschrauben. Danach kann man das Dach nach vorne schieben.
Die Maxi-Muttern brauchen einen 5,5mm Schlüssel.

==

Like at other MAXI locos the roof is fixed by the bell. This can be unscrewed. Next unscrew the chimney. Then the roof can be slided forward.
The Maxi nuts need a 5.5 mm spanner.

mfg

D.

Früher war mehr Lametta.

Dölerich Hirnfiedler
ICE-Sprinter
Gleise VB
Spurweite H0, Z, 0, 00, 1
Stromart AC, DC, Digital, Analog

#3 von applor , 04.05.2018 01:51

Excellent thankyou for the reply.

I will attempt to dismantle today with your instructions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

applor  
applor
InterRegioExpress (IRE)
Gleise Marklin K
Spurweite H0
Stromart AC, Digital

#4 von WolfiR , 05.05.2018 01:25

Hallo Eric,

Ich habe meinen Glaskasten mit einem ESU Loksound V4 mit dem mitgelieferten Lautsprecher 23mm im Getriebekasten auf der Unterseite ausgestattet.
Der Glaskasten muss keine Menge Schwerlastwagen ziehen, deshalb glaube ich, dass der H0-Decoder ausreicht.

I equipped my Glaskasten with a ESU Loksound V4 plus the encluded Loudspeaker 23mm replacing the Delta-Module in the gearbox between the axles.
The Glaskasten will not pull several hevy-weight-cars, so I think, the H0-Decoder will be sufficient.

Regards
Wolfgang

WolfiR
EuroCity (EC)
Spurweite H0, H0m, 1, Z
Stromart AC, Digital

#5 von applor , 08.05.2018 03:30

I dis-mantled and re-attached the bolts today.

There were some differences though - the smoke stack does not need removing, the roof lifts off vertically.
Also, there is a second screw attachment which is a round piece that threads into a shaft that you can see in the window that extends to the boiler.
Unfortunately mine unscrewed at the boiler end instead of the round piece and so the nut inside the boiler fell out and cannot be re-attached without further dismantling - but this does not matter really.

Wolfgang - thanks for your suggestion regarding ESU loksound, I am surprised that the motor does need exceed the decoder current draw limitations - but if you have installed it in yours, therefore it fits and it does not overload then that is great! I will go that route instead.

applor  
applor
InterRegioExpress (IRE)
Gleise Marklin K
Spurweite H0
Stromart AC, Digital

#6 von WolfiR , 10.05.2018 00:05

Hallo Eric,

der Motor- und Decoder-Strom hängt vor allem von der Belastung ab. Wenn der Glaskasten mehrere Wagen eine Steigung hochziehen muss oder auf einen Prellbock aufläuft, dann kann schon ein Problem entstehen.

the motor- and decoder-current depends mainly on the load. If the Glaskasten has to pull several cars up a hill or runs against a buffer-stop there may arise a problem.

Regards and Greetings to Down Under
Wolfgang

WolfiR
EuroCity (EC)
Spurweite H0, H0m, 1, Z
Stromart AC, Digital

#7 von 8erberg , 10.05.2018 10:42

Hallo,

die Mabuchi-Motoren in den Maxi-Loks brauchen nicht viel Strom, sie laufen sehr gut (wenn nicht gerade der Delta-Decoder genutzt wird) und kommen bei ca. 8 - 10 Wagen auch mit 600 mA im Fahrbetrieb aus.

Für den Umbau mit gescheiten Decodern siehe auch http://www.robkruijt.net/Maxi/pages/Umbau.htm
selber hab ich für den "Max" einen D&H Sound-Decoder genommen, funzt ebenfalls sehr gut.

Peter

Spur N Digital Selectrix/DCC
Spur 1 Teppichbahning Selectrix/MM

8erberg
ICE-Sprinter
Spurweite N, 1
Stromart Digital

#8 von applor , 12.05.2018 02:15

Thank you so much for the follow up replies and Peter especially for that link to the conversion!

You have saved me a lot of hassle.

applor  
applor
InterRegioExpress (IRE)
Gleise Marklin K
Spurweite H0
Stromart AC, Digital