RE: "Snow" in combination with Märklin K-Gleis

#1 von Sintra65 , 18.08.2019 15:05

Hello,
I'm trying to have a part of my model railroad in winter theme. But I have a problem with my K-gleis and the "snow".
First I tried with Noch Pulverschnee (08750) and used Weissleim mixed with water to make it stay, and then I tried with a normal Zellulosespachtel. Both times it ended up with real rust at some of the contact studs at the K-Gleis.

I read in the book "Vier Jahrezeiten" (Märklin Bibliothek) that it's possible to use a Spachtelmasse "Motofill". Unfortunately I can't find anyone who sells that here in Sweden. I guess that my best option is to buy it on Ebay.de but I don't know which one to buy, there are a lot of different types.
Perhaps someone here at the forum could guide me to the right product to use? Any suggestions that won't get my K-Gleis to rust are welcome.

Feel free to answer in the german language, I do understand a lot of that language. For me, it's really more difficult to write it.

Sintra65  
Sintra65
Gleise K-Gleise
Spurweite H0
Steuerung ESU ECoS
Stromart Digital

#2 von Badenbahner , 18.08.2019 16:15

Hello,

did you mean "Moltofill" ?

Regards
Marco

Meine Sammelseite

Badenbahner
InterCity (IC)
Gleise Trix C-Gleis
Spurweite H0
Stromart DC, Analog

#3 von Sintra65 , 18.08.2019 17:46

Yes, of course. ops:
Moltofill is the correct namn.

/Lars

Sintra65  
Sintra65
Gleise K-Gleise
Spurweite H0
Steuerung ESU ECoS
Stromart Digital

#4 von 5kuppler , 22.08.2019 20:13

Hallo Lars,
bei Moltofill oder ähnlichen Spachtelmassen kann immer Rost entstehen (speziell bei den Punktkontakten), weil die Masse mit Wasser angemacht wird. Und der Rost schlägt als brauner Fleck auf der weißen Spachtelmasse durch.
Die braunen Flecken kannst Du mit Isolierlack behandeln und dann nochmal "Schnee" darüber malen. Bei Weichen oder Funktionsartikel ist das eine ziemliche Arbeit. Bleibt aber trotzdem Rost.
Moltofill ist nicht unbedingt notwendig, aber bequem. Du könntest auch normalen Gips verwenden.
Peter
...und nun das Ganze von Google übersetzt ins Schwedische.
Hallo Lars,
med Moltofill eller liknande fyllmedel kan rost alltid bildas (särskilt i punktkontakterna), eftersom massan blandas med vatten. Och rosten slår igenom som en brun fläck på det vita fyllmedlet.
Du kan behandla de bruna fläckarna med isolerande lack och sedan måla "snö" över den igen. Detta är ganska bra för switchar eller funktionella föremål. Men är fortfarande rost.
Moltofill är inte nödvändigt, men bekvämt. Du kan också använda vanlig gips.
Peter
Översatt med Google till svenska.

5kuppler  
5kuppler
InterRegioExpress (IRE)
Spurweite H0, H0e
Stromart Analog

#5 von Sintra65 , 27.08.2019 14:54

Thanks for Your reply Peter!
I have found a "Spachtelmasse" here in Sweden from a manufacturer called "Yunik" that seems to be less aggressive to the metal studs.
Takes som time to test every product because one have to wait a couple of days to see if there will be some rust or not.

/Lars

Sintra65  
Sintra65
Gleise K-Gleise
Spurweite H0
Steuerung ESU ECoS
Stromart Digital