RE: Micro Trains Personenwagen Spur Z

#1 von doclouis , 01.12.2016 21:47

Hallo zusammen,

hat jemand Erfahrungen mit den US-Personenwagen von Micro Trains für die kleine Spur Z gemacht? Ich kriege hier gerade die Krise, weil die ständig in den Märklinweichen entgleisen und Zugverbände mit mehr als 3 Waggons in den Kurven (großer Radius 220mm) umkippen.

Wie sieht es mit AZL-Personenwagen aus? Ich hatte mir überlegt, von den neuen Amtrakwaggons ein Set zuzulegen, bin mir aber gerade nicht mehr so sicher, ob das nicht auch in einer Abstellgleis-für-immer-Katastrophe endet.

Beste Grüße,
doclouis

doclouis
Regionalbahn (RB)

#2 von zscalehobo ( gelöscht ) , 05.12.2016 23:26

Many users in the USA change the Micro-Trains plastic wheels to the Fox Valley replacement wheels. The added mass makes them stay on the track better.

Frank Daniels

zscalehobo

#3 von doclouis , 07.12.2016 22:21

Hello Frank,

thank you very much for your kind answer! I will try out these wheels. Now, my dealer has two different kinds on his list: 33" and 36" wheels. Which would be the right size for MTL passenger cars? Unfortunately I don't find any hints about size on both, MTL's and Fox Valley's website.

Cheers,
doclouis

doclouis
Regionalbahn (RB)

#4 von zscalehobo ( gelöscht ) , 07.12.2016 22:51

According to FVM employee when I asked about the 33" vs 36": The 33 or 36 dimension is the scale wheel diameter - not including the flange. Most makes of cars have a 33" wheel installed, but there are some who prefer 36" wheels to closer match the prototype on some cars. The axles are made as a direct replacement for Micro-Trains cars.

I believe that for passenger cars, the wider wheel (36) is correct. If you have a caliper, measure the diameter of an MTL wheel (in inch) without flange and then divide by 220. You should get either 33 or 36.

zscalehobo

#5 von doclouis , 08.12.2016 00:29

Hello Frank,
thanks again for the quick answer! I think I'll just order packs of both. Well, I don't have a diameter, and if I did or bought one, it would be in metric units in continental Europe. So I'll just try out.
I'll let you know, what suits bests and what will help running MTL passenger cars on Märklin tracks and switches!

Cheers,
Lutz

doclouis
Regionalbahn (RB)

#6 von doclouis , 27.12.2016 20:59

Hello Frank,
I finally got my set of Fox Calley wheels. My dealer said, that 33" would be for freight, 36" for passenger cars. I first took a set of wheels by another company that were much cheaper. Unfortunately, these wouldn't turn around free, so I suppose the spikes were too long or too thick for the trucks. Si I bought Fox Valley wheels, which turn around free and smooth, but will not fall out of the trucks. The MTL cars run just fine. Tank you very much!
Cheers,
doclouis

doclouis
Regionalbahn (RB)